OK! First of all a big fat thank you to all of you who submitted entries for this event. I had all together 22 entries for this week’s event, making it a great success!
To be perfectly honest with you choosing a winner from these wonderful recipes that I received was a very difficult job. As I went through each one of the recipes, it was very easy to get distracted by your amazing photos. Every time I saw a new recipe, I was thinking if only I can have some of it…so many adorable looking yummy dishes..ummm mouth-watering! It’s difficult not to drool, but more than that was choosing the winning dish. The recipes which gave me the most hard time to control my urge of eating them somehow, were the following, Kesar Pista Rasmalai, Apple Pista Milkshake by Creative Sanyukta, Jumbo Pistachio Cookies, Pista Shahi Rabri by Super Yummy Recipes, Falooda Kulfi by IndianSimmer, Delicate Darling – Pistachios gujiya/puri by A Pinch of Love, Pistachio Halwa by Joy of Cooking, Pistachio Lime Cookies by Isabel Lake, Pistachio & Cardamom Cake (Eggless) by Queen of my kitchen, Garam Masala Tofu Scramble by Recipe Rhapsody and Pistachio Gelato by Biggest Diabetic Loser.
I wish I had more prizes to give out, in that case I could have done justice to all the brilliant entries but there is only one winning place to secure. Finally after quite a lot of deliberation I decided the winner of this week’s event is Pistachio & Cardamom Cake (Eggless) by Queen of my kitchen. A big congratulation to Supriya. Now can I have a piece of your cake please?
OK! Time to announce the next week’s host for the BSI- Event. I am really glad and happy to announce that Sanyukta from Creative Sanyukta will be the next host of this event. Please visit her blog to see the next week’s BSI and participate. Thanks Sanyukta for hosting this event on your blog.
Below is the list of all the entries I received for the 92nd week of BSI- EVENT :
1. Pistachio-Bottlegourd Pudding/Lauki Pista Kheer - By Creative Sanyukta
2. Luxury Fruit Bread – By Chacko’s Kitchen
3. Chilled Carrot Soup with Pistachios – By Quips, Travels and Braised Oxtails
4. Falooda Kulfi – By IndianSimmer
5. Jumbo Pistachio Cookies – By Super Yummy Recipes
6. Pistachio & Cardamom Cake (Eggless) – By Queen of my kitchen
7. Delicate Darling – Pistachios gujiya/puri – By A Pinch of Love
8. Basundi Recipe – By What’s cooking today?
9. Mango Shrikhand – By The taste space – steam, bake, boil, shake!
10. Garam Masala Tofu Scramble – By Recipe Rhapsody
11. Shrikhand –By Creative Sanyukta
12. Kesar-Pista Basundi –By Creative Sanyukta
13. Heavenly Cracked Wheat Kheer – By Creative Sanyukta
14. Tri colour peda – By Joy of Cooking
15. Shrikhand – By Joy of Cooking
16. Pistachio Halwa – By Joy of Cooking
17. Pistachio Lime Cookies – By Isabel Lake
3 cups sugar
1/2 cup lime zest, about 6 to 8 limes
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes, chilled
6 ounces shelled pistachios
5 egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon natural almond extract
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a food processor work bowl, add sugar and lime zest. Process until sugar and zest are well mixed, about 20 seconds. Scrape into a large mixing bowl. Reserve about 1/2 cup of lime sugar in a separate bowl for later use.
Add flour, baking powder and salt into food processor and pulse briefly to mix. Add cold butter into food processor with flour mixture and 3 ounces of the pistachios. Process with short pulses until mixture resembles cornmeal and no large lumps of butter remain, about 10 seconds. Add remaining pistachios and mix briefly, about 5 seconds. Pour this mixture into the sugar and lime mixture in the large mixing bowl and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix egg yolks, vanilla extract, almond extract, and lime juice together.
Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, pour in the lime/sugar and flour/butter mixture and stir until combined, about 15 seconds. Then, while the mixer is still running, slowly add egg/lime juice mixture and mix until well combined and dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, about 15 to 30 seconds.
Scrape the dough into a large bowl and refrigerate until cold, but not solid, about 30 minutes. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Take the dough balls and roll the tops into the reserved lime sugar. Use the bottom of a water glass to press the cookies flat, about 1/4-inch thick. Bake the cookies until slightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove the parchment paper with the cookies from the tray to a cooling rack and cool.
18. Kesar Pista Rasmalai – By Creative Sanyukta
19. Apple Pista Milkshake – By Creative Sanyukta
20. Almond-Pistachio Vermicelli Milk Pudding – By Creative Sanyukta
21. Pista Shahi Rabri –By Super Yummy Recipes